Skip to content
Ph.D. Alumni Highlights
- Ammar Albalasmeh (2013) is working as an assistant professor of soil physics at the Jordan University of Science and Technology. His advisor at UC Merced was Professor Teamrat Ghezzehei.
- Sandar Villamizar Amaya (2013) is an assistant research specialist and lecturer in the School of Engineering at UC Merced. She was advised by Professor Thomas Harmon.
- Chelsea Arnold (2014) Interim Director, Cal Teach Program, UC Merced Her advisors were Professor Teamrat Ghezzehei and Professor Asmeret Asefaw Berhe.
- Chelsea Carey (2014) is a postdoctoral researcher at UC Riverside. She was advised by Professor Steve Hart.
- Alyssa Carrell (2014) is a postdoctoral researcher with the Oak Ridge National Laboratory at Duke University. She was advised by Professor Carolin Frank.
- Ricardo Cisneros (2008) is an assistant professor of environmental health at UC Merced. His advisor was Vice Chancellor for Research Sam Traina.
- Paul Doherty (2014) is the Vice President of Antris. He was advised by Professor Qinghua Gao.
- Peter Kirchner (2013) is a physical scientist with the Southwest Alaska Inventory & Monitoring Program of the National Park Service. He was advised by Professor Roger Bales.
- Wenkai Li (2013), who was advised by Professor Qinghua Gao, is an associate professor at San-Yat University in China.
- Yagniong Lu (2013), who was advised by Professor Lara Kueppers, is a postdoctoral researcher at the Sierra Nevada Research Institute.
- Sylvain Masclin (2014), who was advised by Professor Roger Bales, is a lecturer at UC Merced.
- Nelson Rivera (2011) Post-doctoral research scholar, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Duke University. His UC Merced advisor was Professor Peggy O'Day.
- Robert Root (2009) is a post-doctoral scholar in the Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Science at the University of Arizona. His UC Merced advisor was Professor Peggy O'Day.
- Glenn Shaw (2009) is an assistant professor of geological engineering at Montana Tech. His advisor at UC Merced was Professor Martha Conklin.
- Gyami Shrestha (2011) is the Carbon Cycle Science Program office director at the U.S. Global Change Research Program. Her advisor at UC Merced was Vice Chancellor for Research Sam Traina.
- Chi-chuang Tsao (2012) who was advised by Professors Elliott Campbell and Yishu Chen, is a researcher at ITRI.
- Chunhua Wang, advised by Professor Roland Winston, is a post-doctoral research fellow at the University of Texas, Austin.
- Tracy White (2011) is an adjunct professor at St. Edwards University. Her advisor at UC Merced was Professor Benoit Dayrat.
- Patrick Wiley (2013) Regional operations manager for PERC Water Corporation, Southern California. His advisor was Elliot Campbell.
MS Alumni Highlights
- Erin Stacy (2012) Education and Outreach Coordinator, Southern Sierra Critical Zone Observatory, UC Merced. Her advisors were Professor Asmeret Asefaw Berhe and Professor Stephen Hart.
- Samuel Araya (2014) PhD Student, UC Merced. His advisor was Professor Asmeret Asefaw Berhe.
- Emma McCorkle (2014) Research Specialist, Reynolds Creek Critical Zone Observatory, Idaho State University. Her advisors were Professor Asmeret Asefaw Berhe and Professor Stephen Hart.
- Rasesh Pokharel (2013) PhD Student, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Potsdam, Berlin. His advisor was Professor Peggy O'Day.